❝ When a fan says ‘I really, really want Swan Queen to become canon because they’re two strong, dynamic, beautiful women who have an important role on their show and I think it’s about time that the morals of fairytales expanded to include same-sex couples in their definition of True Love, too’, they don’t want to hear that it’s not going to happen because it would be too weird. Because that is the very thing that they are hoping to discourage. ‘Oh you crazy people, you don’t really think they’ll let your gay delusions come true, do you? This isn’t a show about being gay, ergo, there shouldn’t be anything gay on it, because homosexuality is not normal’. When people argue that a show will never make a character pursue a same-sex romance because they do not fit a queer stereotype, or because it’s a family show, or because the character is too important – that is the point. We have gay stereotypes in our media. We have risqué shows about the drama of being LGB. But we have very, very few shows where someone can just be queer and be themselves and do other things that do not revolve around their sexuality. We have very few stories where queer people are just people who happen to be queer, and therein lies the appeal of taking a character who is not initially presented that way and then allow them to explore a same-sex relationship. Because if Dean Winchester hooks up with Castiel, the show is still going to be about fighting monsters. The idea is not to turn Supernatural into Queer as Folk; the idea is to have Supernatural be Supernatural, and let some of the characters be not straight on it at the same time. ❞
1. The first character I first fell in love with
- I fell head over heels for Snow White as soon as she picked up a sword.
2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now
- Regina. I didn’t like her at first, but she has grown so much and become such a well-rounded character. <3 Now I get mad when they’re mean to her.
3. The character everyone else loves that I don’t
- Belle, UGH, I find her painfully tedious sorry guys.
4. The character I love that everyone else hates
- Um? I don’t know… I’m not super involved in the fandom so I don’t really know who people love and hate?
5. The character I used to love but don’t any longer
- Rumplestiltskin used to be my fucking favorite, but this whole stupid relationship with Belle and the Captain Hook thing has me eyerolling so hard I’m afraid I’m going to sprain something.
6. The character I would totally smooch
- Ruby omg so many heart-eyes for her
7. The character I’d want to be like
- Snow White, goddamn she is just so tough and loving and wonderful.
8. The character I’d slap
- Henry. I can’t with that kid. Just… listen to somebody for once, please?
9. A pairing that I love
- SWAN QUEEN YES I WANT IT TO HAPPEN SO BAD ;_;
10. A pairing that I despise
- Rumplestitskin/Belle, I don’t even, I hate it so much. :/
and then I howled in delight at the end of the latest episode of Once Upon A Time
because I’m a terrible person
and I hate Belle